16 March 2009

An unexpected good thing

I knew today I was going to get the notification for the Telluride Festival of the Arts in Colorado. I have been applying to out of state shows here and there and have so far been rejected from all of them. I expected another rejection and was preparing myself for it. I hadn't gotten the email all day and just thought I'd take a look at the Zapplication site to see if they had put the notice up on my applied shows page. I check the page and there it was. "Invited". I was laying down for a quick rest at the time and jumped up and shouted "NO WAY!!". I couldn't believe it. It had to be a mistake. But soon after I got the email giving me congratulations on my acceptance. I'm still a little surprised and wonder if this show is that good. I mean they accepted me, how great can it be?

Ok...gotta give myself a LITTLE credit. I'm good at what I do, but like most artists, I have doubt. I'd probably be annoying as all get out if I walked around patting myself on the back all day long, so I take my talent with a grain of salt.

Shortly after that email, I got another accepting me to the Edina Art Fair

I don't know if I mentioned, but I was also accepted into the Wayzata Art Experience, replacing the Rivertown Art Festival on my usual art fair schedule.

The art fair year is shaping up well!

No comments: