24 March 2009

New Etsy site

I've been following Etsy on Twitter and have always had a love for the site. I really enjoy making things by hand but am more of an admirer than a participant. When I started my business, most of my products were handmade items, and because it was so time consuming, I slowly moved to doing digital collages. Still time consuming, but no mess to clean up and no products to buy other than paper and ink for my printer. But I've been missing adding that handmade touch to my artwork. So as I struggled for a way to mount the new collages I posted last week, I decided it was time to return to my love of making things by hand.

This the new artwork:



I mounted the collages to 4 x 4 canvases that have been painted with acrylic paint and then "antiqued" with walnut ink. Then I applied beeswax to the print and the canvas.

I will be selling these collages through Etsy and you can find them here. They are a limited edition of 100. Enjoy!

No comments: