06 March 2009

Twitplinkface....oh my.

Overwhelmed by social networking, take two. 

I started off today thinking I was going to get so much done, and sure enough, didn't get a whole lot of anything done thanks to my desire to sit and look at Twitter all day. I feel like I need a separate computer monitor just to keep up with everything! (Oddly enough, I do have two computers, I just seem to gravitate towards my desktop for all my web stuff.)

I follow quite a few designers and artists who tend to post fun and interesting links and of course, I click on them. Like a moth to flame, I click. And then what happens? I don't work on Quickbooks with as much focus as I should. And it takes me all afternoon to do it. Not to mention I have a very pesty dog who likes nonstop attention. This also keeps me from getting a lot accomplished. So what did I do today?

•Downloaded but didn't install this new software I'm going to try out to accept credit cards at art fairs

•Downloaded and installed *DING!*, software from Southwest Airlines that alerts me of fare deals.

•Tweeted.

•Got all caught up with Quickbooks (AMAZING!), except for some stuff I couldn't figure out that I'm going to get help with. 

•Paid a credit card bill. Put other bill due dates into iCal. Freaked out about lack of money.

•Tweeted some more.

•Printed some photos for photo cards.

•Played with the dog.

•Wrote this blog. 

For some reason, it just didn't feel like a very productive day. So much to learn and try, so very little time.

No comments: