18 March 2009

Late night, new art

Sometimes I just can't let something go until it's finished, and this new piece of art was it on Tuesday night. I'm not really tired, and I just had to see how this was going to turn out. I kept working and working on the focus of this piece, the spinner, until I got it exactly how I wanted it. Rather, I got it until my brain said "STOP! THAT'S IT!" because I honestly didn't know how I wanted it when I started. I love playing in Photoshop and having happy accidents while creating. I just kept working the layers until I finally got what looked right to me. Love, LOVE Photoshop.

Once I got the focus looking how I wanted it, I dug into my fun vintage stuff drawer and looked for the perfect pieces to accompany what I had done so far. The fun part about creating for me is my brain becomes a divining rod of sorts. I just keep looking..."nope...nope....that's IT!" Do I know WHY that's it? Nope. I just do.

So...here's the finished piece:



It's a 4 x 4 since: a) I have a fondness for square things and b) I don't have a whole lot of small art. People have less and less wall space these days and I think it'll be nice to have some small affordable things. Like the other new pieces, these will also be a limited edition, but I'm not sure just yet how many prints I will limit them to. 

No comments: