30 March 2009

Next up....art crawl!!

I love the Saint Paul Art Crawl because I get to show off my cool space (the downside is I have to clean it....) and I get to sell my art without having to leave home. :)

I'm always trying to think of something fun to do especially for the folks that come out for the art crawl and this year I stumbled upon a great idea!

I was digging through one of my drawers and happened up on a little lime green gift bag about 4" high that someone had given to me. I thought it would be great to give out little gift bags at the art crawl but struggled with what to put inside of them as fun promotional/giveaway gift.

So I saw that you can get scratch off stickers to put on cards, so I've decided upon a scratch off giveaway of my artwork. I'm still working out the idea, but this is what I've come up with so far:

1 in 5 cards will be good for a collage card
1 in 20 will be good for a poster
1 in 50 will be good for an 11 x 14 matted print
and 1 in 100 will be good for an 16 x 20 matted print

You have to stop in to my studio to eligible!

I'm also considering printing the location collages on magnets!! I'm still in the hunt for a magnet printer, so it might be a little while before they're available.

Arts at the Oval was a good turn out! Excited for the upcoming art fair season!

No comments: