12 March 2009

20 minutes late

So I posted my Monday blog on Sunday and I'm twenty minutes late for my Wednesday blog. What can I say? I had work to do and lists to make. But now here I am, still trying to figure out how best to capitalize on my stupid downtime. I hate downtime. I hate super busy time, too, but I would much rather have that than sitting here trying to figure out what next. Pouring over tons of marketing websites, trying to figure out how best to promote on the cheap. I'm spending more and more time on Twitter and I'm really starting to like it. Being connected to other artist/photographers/people with like interests is really fun.

I'm following Etsy on
Twitter and have decided to create an Etsy account to sell some of my new collages. The audience here in MN really seems to enjoy the location collages, but I'm always curious if there's an audience out there for my other work as well. 

So I'm going to give that a go. I also might bring back some of my old work, like my handmade greetings cards. The work that got me started. I spent quite a while digging through old Zip disks (yes they still work!) and CDs trying to find the files so I can create more than what I already have if I want to, but as of yet I haven't been too successful. I'll keep digging, but for right now I might just focus on making new work. Making new work similar to the old work might even produce better results! I'm kind of excited. I really enjoy making handmade things.

One last plug....don't forget about Arts at the Oval coming up in a couple of weeks! 2 days after my birthday, in fact.

Until next time!

No comments: