11 February 2009

What am I doing?

This question comes up a lot for everyone, I know. You get to that point in your job, career (yes, they ARE two different things), or everyday life that you stop and think, "Ok...change. Now. PLEASE." At least that's where I am.

I love my business. LOVE my business. I love my business so much that doing anything other than work for my business makes me extremely cranky. And that's also where I am. Cranky. Because I'm not working harder, smarter, or whatever enough to make it work as a permanent job. I have a part-time job that I somewhat enjoy, but am beginning to dislike it more and more each day as it takes away from what I love doing. Yes, it's a regular paycheck, and especially in these times I need that, but it's not even remotely doing what I really love: art and design.

So unfortunately today's blog is whining from an unhappy artist; not announcements of new designs, new ideas, or anything else that I could put "new" in front of. But it's where I'm at today, and as I've decided that I need to keep my resolution to blog every three days, it's what I'm writing about.

If anyone has any ideas about directions, possibilities or what have you, or just wants to shoot me some words of wisdom, I'm all for it.

At least there's tomorrow. And tomorrow I have all day to work on my business as it's my day off from my regular paycheck. And that makes me happy. :)


No comments: