04 February 2009

So far, so good

Day 2 of my attempt at tri-weekly updates! I decided that the only way I would remember to do this, or at least do it with some regularity (whereas before I just did it whenever I thought of it), would be if I set it in my calendar. I put 3 alarms on the event in my iCal so periodically throughout the day my phone (which syncs with my computer thanks to MobileMe) will go off to remind me that I need to blog that day. I don't set a particular time to do it, just several reminders that before I go to sleep that day, I need to write a blog. I now hope that I have something somewhat intelligent/interesting to say 3 times a week. I think THAT'S a taller order than remembering to blog!

The past few days I've worked on marketing smarter, not harder. I have a personal Twitter account; I have a personal Facebook profile. I have a Facebook Fan Page for my business, but not a profile. 

Why?

The answer ended up being that I have no good answer. Because Facebook is for my friends, relatives and co-workers to invite me to participate in endless amounts of quizzes and games? Because Twitter is just to let people know that the person in front of me at Starbucks is taking forever?

Not. So. Much.

So....here is the link to my Inkblots Facebook profile.....




and if you look on the left portion of my main blog page, you'll see my recent Twitter updates as well as the ability to follow me on Twitter!

If you got to this blog by Facebook or Twitter, WELCOME!!!! And thank you for taking the time to check out my ramblings. I hope to have more interesting updates as the year progresses. :)




No comments: