15 February 2009

NEW ART!!

As I've mentioned in previous blogs, it's been awhile since I've felt very creative and had the desire to create some new art. Today I was doing some printing to keep up on inventory while I have some down time and thought, "I should make something!"

I never have any preconceived notions of what I want the art to look like when I start. The new thing that I'm trying is making a background using traditional techniques: painting, stamping, drawing, etc. Then I scan it in and go from there.

Also as I mentioned in a previous blog, I've been collecting vintage papers and other goodies. I've had the word game papers for quite awhile and didn't know what I was going to do with them (I NEVER know what I'm going to do with stuff when I buy it!). I just love the graphics on them, very 1960's and so I decided to go with a somewhat retro style to the art.

I've always loved square pieces, so these are 8 x 8 square. They'll be printed on a cotton rag texture paper and will be a limited edition of 250.

Right now they don't have titles and probably won't have any until I print some out.

I'd love to hear some feedback if you have any!


   

No comments: