29 May 2009

Number art complete

I finally made a decision about how I wanted to treat the number collages from my last post and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome (except the part about it taking FOREVER to dry).

I chose canvas versus the wood blocks because I liked the treatment I gave the bird spinner collages. I had initially thought that I was going to use wood blocks with vintage fabric or wallpaper adhered to the side, but thought that the grunginess of the collages deserved a more rough treatment.

The canvas is coated in 3 colors of walnut ink, spattered with black paint and then stamped. The stamps are actually stencils that I stamped with ink and then pressed into the canvas. The print is adhered to the canvas with Mod Podge. I'm considering spraying the print with a gloss acrylic to give it a glass-like appearance but it's not something I want to play with and then not like. I like it so far and don't want to ruin what I've done. I may spray it with a UV protectant to protect the print, however.

When I finish the set I will have them available for sale up on Etsy. They will be a limited edition of 50 and will sell for $85.






No comments: