04 May 2009

Making changes

The workshop in Estes Park was excellent. I got lots of good information about how to increase my online presence, but more importantly, I met some very awesome artists from all over the country. The energy in the room was amazing; so many people trying so hard to make their businesses succeed. It was very inspiring. As those of you who have actually read my blogs know, I struggle with what to write about A LOT because I always thought about all I should be writing about is what's going on with my art. New pieces I've made, shows I've applied to, etc. NOT TRUE! I got a whole list of ideas of what I should write about for my blog and I've very excited to start applying them.

I also got some great tips about my Facebook and Twitter profiles and have started applying what I learned to my Facebook right away. Having two Facebook profiles was getting to be quite difficult to keep up with so I decided to whittle it down to one and just clean up shop. I had so many stupid application invites, almost 120 of them that I went through and finally got rid of. Some of that stuff is fun, but there's already so much to keep up with on Facebook that having a Lil' Green Patch and some hatching egg thing and whatever else is just overkill. No offense to anyone who sends me any of that stuff, but I won't accept it unless it's either REALLY funny or REALLY useful/cool. I've got enough to do without getting sucked in to quizzes like "What Steel Magnolias character are you?". 

So from now on, you will see some different things going on with my blog, and possibly see a switch as I try to learn more about WordPress and how it might be a better fit for me (also a workshop suggestion). 

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more!

No comments: