25 May 2009

New art!!

Since I won't be bringing my location artwork to the Vail Arts Festival at the end of June, I'm really pushing myself to make new artwork so I have a fairly full booth. I don't think I've ever created this much new artwork in a year and it's really exciting. I've created a lot of retro inspired pieces, which I love, but I also am finally getting around to creating collages that I've had rolling around in my head for awhile, like the collage I posted a few days ago: "Room to Breathe".

The titles are fairly simple for these collages: "One for the Money", "Two for the Show" and "Three to Get Ready". They're 12 x 12 and I'm undecided if I will mount them to canvas like I did the bird spinners or mount them to museum blocks and edge them with vintage wallpaper. I'll post photos of the final product, whatever I decide!