06 April 2009

To give, to help, to share....pass it along

The design/art community is truly a wonderful place to be. Granted, there are always folks that ruin it; that steal ideas, undercut prices, underbid jobs, all in the name of getting ahead. But at the heart of it lies people that just want to share their passion with others, that want to give as much as they get, that love their job/craft and just want to let everyone know.

I've started some great communication with awesome people on Twitter that really inspire me. People that have nothing to gain by telling me that they like what I do but do it anyway. They don't have to share their techniques, what they've learned, what they've discovered; but they do. They make me laugh, they make me think and they make me realize the world is really small when you get down to it. I'm appreciative of all of my followers on Twitter and by no means are these the only people that I think are great, I just wanted to pull out a few that have taken the time to DM (direct message for you non-Twitter folk) or reply to my tweets; people who know the name of the game of Twitter, and that's to build connections. 

I truly believe that what you give comes back to you, so today's blog isn't about me, what I'm selling, what I'm advertising, what I'm doing. It's about those people who have taken the time to share their thoughts, ideas, and artwork with me and I'd appreciate it if you'd take a look at what they do. I've included their Twitter ID's if you'd like to check out their tweets but please don't follow them if you have something to sell or something to spam. The last thing Twitter needs is more people pitching the promise of 15 bazillion followers overnight or the ability to make someone into a "social media expert". 

@deadpanalley

@sarahndipitous

@goheadoverheels

@ecstewart

@jetgirlart

@missdestructo

@alydesigns

@kwbridge

@shannongrissom

4 comments:

CREATIVEGoddess said...

Aww! Thanks so much! You're so very kind to write such a generous post.

Best of luck in your WP endeavor!!

Jet said...

Wow! Thanks for the post! If it weren't for other graphics people on Twitter I'd be so lost!

DeadpanAlley said...

you are a sweet and thoughtful person. a rarity, my friend. thank you for including me in this post, i am honored.

Best,

Liese

Miss Destructo said...

THANK YOU!!! :) :) :)

You are one of the sweetest people I have met on twitter, not to mention a fellow dye fiend!

<3

-Miss Destructo