17 April 2009

Okay, okay, iCal, I KNOW!!!

iCal keeps reminding me, like it's supposed to, that I have to blog today. And once again, I don't have a whole lot to say, but going to just make some commentary on things going on around me lately.

A great person I follow on Twitter, Cassandra Harrison (@geehowquaint), told me about this book that she reads to get her butt moving; to keep procrastination at bay. It's called "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield (link provided to save you from going through 10,000 pages of "art of war" when you search). So, one day on lunch I went to Borders and flipped through it and thought for $13, I NEED this book. It's inspiring, it's motivating, and it does it in such a matter of fact way. None of this sunshine and rainbows garbage. More like, you're the one who's getting in your own damn way and the only person you can blame for your failures is yourself. Get off the couch, tune out the chatter, and GET TO WORK. It's a very fast read because of how he's broken up the sections and again, definitely worth the money. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to start something new, follow a passion or just be a better version of themselves.

We had another visit from the trainer (Bark Busters) yesterday and Bea has been behaving. It's kind of scary because it was such a dramatic change from one day to the next. I hope she's not depressed or something. But she is being very, VERY good. I'll post some pictures of Bea sometime soon so you can see how cute and adorable she is. :)


No comments: