10 April 2009

Starting to sink in a little....

Last night I realized without my location collages, I don't have much art to display in Colorado. Since the popularity of the location collages in Minnesota have far outweighed the popularity of my other artwork (to the point that I've decided to stop displaying the other artwork at shows in Minnesota; no use in carrying it around if no one will buy it), I've thrown most of my effort into producing 2 or 3 new MN or other location collages a year. While great for my business here, it has really hurt my chances of having business from places other than Minnesota. Though I've been planning on traveling and collaging other cities, I enjoy the break from creating from what I've seen with my eyes and instead creating what I see with my mind.

I was able to sketch up some ideas for a few new collages and I'm definitely looking forward to starting the search for imagery on those. Love that vintage stuff!! :)

1 comment:

CREATIVEGoddess said...

Have you thought about merging your work into other products? Like collage pendants, bracelets, t-shirts for the tourist sector? Your city collages would work perfectly for that and you could meet the needs of the gifty shoppes.

Just a thought.