01 October 2009

How many times??

How many times am I going to keep writing "I really should stop neglecting my blog"?? It's even making me annoyed; I can't imagine what it's like for all 5 of you that actually read this from time to time.

So in my annoyance and cluelessness about keeping this blog afloat as an integral part of my business, I reached out for help on the trusty interwebs. Alyson Stanfield had retweeted an offer by @problogger (Darren Rowse) on Twitter. 50% off his e-book "31 Days to a Better Blog" for a total of $10.

$10 to get a clue? Sign me up!

The problem was I got stuck on step one:

Create a tagline for my blog so I can easily describe to others what the aim of my blog is and hopefully guide my topics.

And as has been made CRYSTAL CLEAR by now this year: I have no blogging aim. This is why I struggle. My aim has been to wish for blog ideas to just randomly appear in my brain while I juggle a part-time job, social life (sort of) and my business. I thought I could take the MySpace approach to blogging and just write about my dog or this funny thing that happened to me on the way to work or whatever and magically EVERYONE will want to read it and then buy my art.

Yep. That sounds like a good plan. (insert eye roll here)

Then I looked at the top of my blog. The completely undesigned, boring and neglected blog. I made a cute little recipe. I thought it was funny at the time, but when I look at it now, it serves as a guide. I can write about THOSE things! WOW! I knew what I was doing after all, it was just buried back in the part of my brain that attempts to be witty. Now I just need to form that into some sort of catchy tagline like....

Sharing my recipe of life as a digital artist

Eh? I probably should work harder at this. Get out the ol' pen and paper. Suggestions are welcome!


No comments: