07 October 2008

Saint Paul Art Crawl and new work

Once again it's time for the Saint Paul Art Crawl, fall edition. :)

The best type of art fair, one where I don't have to leave my home, but I do have to clean and prepare. As always, all of my artwork will be available for sale, and I will have some snacks and refreshments as well!

The hours of the Art Crawl are:

Friday October 10, 6-10pm
Saturday October 11, 2-10pm
Sunday October 12, 12-5

Also, I have some new artwork that I just completed but have yet to print. It's my largest piece of art in dimension at approximately 18 x 24. It combines hand drawn elements, found items as well as some of my own photography. I'm really enjoying the new direction I am going with my fine art collages by painting a background and then converting it into a digital format and layering over it with digital elements. I am also adding more original work to my portfolio of collages as well, as I find the more that I mix traditional collage with digital collage the harder it is to reproduce the outcome, especially if I add traditional elements such as stenciling, painting, stamping, etc. after the collage is printed.

This collage is currently untitled. It is based on a quote that I saw on a t-shirt, "Sometimes what the heart sees is invisible to the eye."








No comments: