12 September 2008

things happen

I just wanted to post to say that unfortunately I won't be doing the 3 Day Walk for Breast Cancer next weekend. I completely underestimated the difficulty in raising such a large sum of money and I was so very busy that I couldn't put my all into it. I thought the artwork would be a larger success than it was and with art fairs almost every weekend, I missed all of the training meetings. I also didn't have the time to organize any fundraising events. The event that I did try to organize fell through. I feel horribly over the whole thing and will know in the future to stick to smaller events. I did do the Race for the Cure in the spring with a friend and that was a fantastic event and I plan on doing that again next year. 

Thanks to all of you who purchased artwork and who donated on the website. I appreciate your donation greatly, thank you for giving to such a wonderful cause!! All of the money that was raised by the artwork and the 5% that I collected from each of the art fair totals will still be donated to the event. Total amount raised was $335.

I intend to continue to display the original print at all art fairs in the future and shall it ever sell, will give half of the total price, $300, to the Susan G. Koman Foundation.


No comments: