09 November 2009

Make it Yourself Monday: DIY Holiday Luminaries



I LOVE candles. I tend to buy pretty much every holiday candle that smells like apple or cinnamon or baked goods of some sort. I light them all at once and my place smells wonderful. While the large jar lights last a really long time, they're not very pretty and leave something to be desired in the decorative department. I'd much rather by votives and put them in something pretty but candleholders can be pretty expensive if you're buying multiples.

So for today's make it yourself I hunted around for luminaries that would be easy to make and something that you would feel comfortable leaving out beyond the holidays.

This is one really cool tutorial. I know not everyone has a double boiler so it does require some extra equipment, but I think the beauty of these holders is worth it and the possibilities of customizing them (glitter, carving, stamping, etc.) is almost endless!

Enjoy!


No comments: